Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Here's and theres

Pastor Phil found out I like taking pictures so he asked that I'd be taking pictures in my time here (of course), but also for him to use for a couple powerpoints/slideshows he's taking to the states, that he had Michaela and I word on the other day for him. It's awesome that I get to take pictures for the church while I'm here. It's great that God can use me and my camera in that way. I've notice that my camera is also a good "warm up to the kids" "kids warm up to me" tool. The kids love getting pictures taken and even the ones who don't still make a big fun deal out of it and are always watching me to make sure I'm not taking any of 'em, lol. falling over sometimes even just to get away.

All night long we have roosters outside our window...not being quiet either, lol. They have their timing all wrong, they crow more in the night then they seem to in the day. We can look outside our window and one or two will be right there looking at you on the porch. I grow up with chickens all my life and never once were they living on our porch. Rather funny, don't you think?

Michaela has been learning songs in spanish to lead the kids in songs everyday. The tunes are really easy to get used to and now it's making me want to learn them myself. It's awesome, I'll get there!

Oh yeah, today Pastor Phil had Michaela working on the computer this morning and so I was there just watching and drawing a picture while waiting. Pastor Phil decides to send me on my first arrend to get copies. Maybe about a mile 1/2 to 2 miles walk. I start walking with the note on what to say....in spanish in my hand. I get there, forgot what and how to say it, so I handed him the note with the paper to copy and let him figure it out. lol...oops! Then the next thing, he tells me he doesn't have change for a $20, so I walk/run back get the exact money and then walk/run right back to town. It happens :) It's great!  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fantastic you being able to utilize your camera for the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete