Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day at the beach

Matt, Brooke and their family took Michaela and I to the beach with them for the day!! Okay so I've always like the sand on my bare feet (when my feet haven't touched the water yet, then it just sticks) but this sand was different then from the beach I've always gone to in Oregon. It felt so good....I was walking back and forth on it for no reason at all but that it was awesome. It was like a firm but soft sand that your feet would sink into about an 1 or 2 inches and it would leave your foot prints in the sand. Just thinking about it makes me happy.

We saw quite a few manta rays and each time while in the water up to our waist or neck and we'd see one swimming around everyone would run as fast as they could back to shore and eventually make our way back into the water hoping that it would be gone. The water felt so good...when it didn't get into your eyes, lol. Very salty. The water was warm, clear, pretty blue, and it felt wonderful on my sunburn, yay! So I always went back in to my neck, even though I can't swim well at all. I can float when I'm not nervous, but yeah. After we were spotting manta rays and everyone, including myself were a bit nervous about getting stung or touched even by one. The kids would come up behind me and pinch my foot or ankle trying to get me. They wanted me to think it was a manta ray. Silly them. Have to admit, they did get me a few times.

Ethen, (Matt and Brooke's 11 year old son) came up to me as we just got to the beach and acted funny as if he did something or was going to do something to scare me. It looked like he had something in his hand and then a second later he didn't have it anymore. And you want to know why? Cause it was in my hair!!!!! He put a dead something my hair. I went over to Brooke not believing him and Matt that he had actually did it and she's like "Yeah there's something in your hair!!" Wow! Then Brooke says, "I warned you about the men in my family and that they play tricks like that!" I wonder who those guys are...hmmm....Matt and Ethan I believe are there names. Anyone out there who's scared of bugs and spiders, just stay clear of these guys and you'll be fine, lol :) I chased Ethan down to the water after he did that and pictured my little brother and me as I playfully pushed him onto the sand. Ethan would tell you that he fell, but I would say that I did a lot of the helping him fall :) Pretty fun day...I was reminded of how I always play with my little brother and I would have pushed him down in the sand too just for fun. As my brother would get right back up and try and do the same to me only not succeeding unless I wasn't paying attention, then I'd be nocked off my feet. Miss my little brother....and big brother!

Last night as I had posted about being "locked out" well, until 5am I was in the dining room without a pillow or sheet trying to sleep on the floor or on my arms as they were resting on the table. Both postions didn't work. At the table my arms fell asleep instead of me and on the floor it's like sleeping on a cement sidewalk. Lol!! I can laugh cause it IS funny. At 5am I was brave enough to go outside and climb through the window to get to my soft wonderful bed, haha! When I woke up again, I told Michaela the story and she's like, "Oh Justine, next time knock and wake me up" She's awesome, I love her!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun at the beach except for the rays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Justine, for taking the time to hang with Ethan. It is important and ministry and worth more than you'll ever know. And, ya know, it is kinda nice when the attention is off me for awhile ;) How long can you hang around? :)

    ReplyDelete